Gina Doty sent me an amazing recipe for Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies. Coffee in cookies? I HAD to try them, like immediately. I also had to make them gluten free.
Months later I still dream of these confections. Not overly sweet, yet rich and yummy. The addition of almond flour makes them a standout, in my humble opinion.
- 1 cup unsalted butter or Soy Garden from Earth Balance, softened
- 1 cup grated jaggery sugar
- 1/4 cup Orange Vanilla Sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature (also can put eggs into bowl of warm water for 10 min)
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 package All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 3/4 tsp instant coffee, slightly crushed
- 2 1/4 cup crushed capuccino bark (or bittersweet chocolate chips)
Cream the butter with sugars until fluffy. Beat in the egg. Combine the dry ingredients and beat into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a silicone baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or 10-12 min. for a crispier cookie.
More for chocolate purests:
Photo Credit: Julie Cecchini