I love this salad, fresh, crisp and full of flavor. It is a lovely addition to any meal or terrific on it's own any day. Locally you can still get apples at Nestrovich up in Granville. Locally you can still get apples at Nestrovich up in Granville and Celeriac from one of many vendors at the Northampton Winter Farmer's Market.
- 1 medium apple, diced (we prefer a red variety with the skin left on)
- 1 medium celery root, peeled and grated
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup thick yogurt (we prefer the goats milk yogurt from Sweet Pea Cheese)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Gremolade
Grate celery root in a bowl and add diced apples. Microwave lemon for 1 minute. Squeeze lemon juice on top and mix well. Toss in Walnuts, parsley and scallions. In a separate bowl combine yogurt, mayonnaise and Gremolade. Fold dressing in to salad. Cover with a clear wrap and store in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.
More great ideas for vegetables:
- Ruttabaga and Turnip Slaw
Photo Credit: Julie Cecchini