Creamy Dill Dressing
In college I gained the freshman 15 and I blame it on ranch dressing. I ate nothing but raw vegetables and salads that first fall. Sounds healthy, right? Well, it would have been if it were not for the ocean of ranch dressing I enjoyed with everything.
What I childishly consumed then was a mass manufactured, shelf stable, homogenized, pasteurized bucket of goop. This is what I have grown into.
- 1 tbsp Tarragon & Garlic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonaise or vegan aoli
- 1 tbsp Dill Salt
Pour the ingredients in a blender and pulse for 2 minutes. Store tightly sealed in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Good on any salad. However, if you are planning a really special meal, try this:
- Boil and chop 1 pound of new potatoes, keeping the skins on.
- Toss in 1 small red onion, chopped,
- Add 2 medium tomatoes, chopped.
Let marinate in the dressing for at least 1 hour. Serve this dish by itself or as a bed for grilled chicken breasts.
More sensational ideas for salads:
Photo Credit: Julie T Cecchini
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.