There is something comforting about the combination of pumpkin, cinnamon and sugar. For me they are the flavors of fall. This recipe is simple with an elegant twist. It makes a terrific afternoon snack and delightful addition to a desert table.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose or Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp Russian Mulling Spice
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or Earth Balance (soy butter), softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tsp Orange Vanilla Sugar
- Sprinkles (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, Russian Mulling Spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 Tsp vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by the spoonful. You can flatten slightly or leave in pumpkin shaped balls. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then decorate with glaze and or sprinkles.
To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 Tbsp melted butter, and Orange Vanilla Sugar. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.
If you like this recipe:
- Squash Cake
- Pumpkin and Pecan Biscuits
- Bread Pudding with Pears and Dried Cranberries
- The Great Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingerbread Crust
Photo Credit: Julie Cecchini