Soo easy is this dish; double checking the directions is never necessary. It is great as a topping for rice and pasta for a meat free meal. Make it a side dish for pork, pot roast or poultry. Or use it to make a colorful white pizza. Your choice of vegetables (fresh or past their prime) and seasonings make it your own unique blend!
- 1 lb squash or sweet potatoes, peeled & cut in thin chunks
- 1/2 lb root veggies like daikon radish, parsnips or turnips, peeled & cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 lb onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup Vinaigrette or Cider Jus
- 1 bunch or bag greens, torn (spinach, kale, collard greens, etc.)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat a large roasting pan in the oven for 15 minutes. Top with Parchment paper. Drizzle 1 tbsp Vinaigrette into the pan. Put in all the veggies with 1 tbsp Vinaigrette and toss to mix. Drizzle remaining Vinaigrette over the veggies. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake a further 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are cooked but still slightly crisp.
If you like to roast:
Photo Credit: Julie Cecchini