Spring is in full bloom and I am thinking about the Farmer's Market @ the X and all of the early season gifts to find there. If you have time on Tuesday afternoons it is a must stop. This recipe From Red Fire Farm is a flavorful take on traditional pesto. It is terrific in the spring when the garlic scapes are thriving and fresh basil is still only a dream to come.
- 10 stalks green garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup walnuts or pine nuts
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. water
Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth. Use on pasta, pizza or sandwiches.
- Pesto alla Genovese from Tim Wilcox and Caroline Pam
- Ryan Voiland's Freezer Pesto
- Hickory Dell Lower Fat Pesto
- The Kitchen Garden's Cilantro Pesto
- Chive and Mint Pesto from Terra Americana
- Roasted Garlic and Pesto with Axler's Smoked Salmon Chowder
Photo Credit: Laura Rebecca's Kitchen