- 1 package Package All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 tsp Fines Herbs
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup cold chive butter, cut in small pieces (you may also use traditional butter)
- 1/3 cup water (more as needed)
Preheat oven to 450 f. If you are going to use a baking stone leave it in the oven to preheat as well. Combine the dry ingredients so that they are thoroughly combined. Add the liquids. When the mixture forms a paste use your hands to kneed it. Place the ball of dough on your baking stone or a greased baking sheet. Roll the dough so that it forms an even layer. Using a pizza cutter pre cut your crackers. Using a fork, puncture two sets of howls in each cracker to prevent the crackers from puffing up. Bake the crackers for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before enjoying.
If you would like to have a fancy presentation, roll the dough out on a floured surface and use cookie cutter to make your crackers into shapes. Stars make a delicious statement for Memorial Day, the 4th of July and Labor Day.
Store the crackers in an airtight container for up to four weeks. This makes a lovely gift packed in a tin or an airtight bag inside of a decorative bag.
More Simple Snacks
- Sundried Tomato, Oat and Flax Seed Crackers
- Sweet and Savory Tortilla Strips
- Marinated Olives
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Great Recipes to Dip Into
Photo Credit: eCurry