This recipe is a celebration of summer. Fresh cucumbers from the garden, rich and creamy yogurt from the goats down my street and a splash of the mint that grows in my yard like weeds. Tzatziki is fresh, flavorful and good for you.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 med Cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups greek style plain Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 sprigs Mint, leaves chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
Combine all ingredients. Chill at least 1 hour to blend flavors. Serve as a dip with cruditee, bread sticks and pita chips. It is also fantastic with grilled fish, or with fried eggplant and zucchini. Garnish with cucumber slices.
More from this classic cookbook:
- Fresh Tuna, tomato and basil pizza
- Chicken Liver Gateux
- Lyonnaise Garlic and Herb Cheese
- Saint Germain Des Pres Onion Biscuits
Photo Credit: Julie T Cecchini