Mostaccioli, a refreshing twist on Pasta Salad
Black olives, artichokes, tomatoes, spinach, feta, tuna and pasta all marinated in a sensational sauce. I tell you I could live off this salad for weeks at a time. It is a terrific alternative to that pasta salad with bits of tuna found at every grocery store deli and a whole lot more nutritious. This is also a delightful alternative to marinated vegetables served with antipasto.
- 8oz mostaccioli pasta (or Gluten Free penne), cooked
- 1 whole marinated artichoke, sliced or 2 cups hearts
- 1 cup black olives
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped in small bits (pursulane or kale are delicious with this as well and hold up better over time)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, if you are local visit Sweet Pea Cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Gremolade
- 1/3 cup Oregano & Thyme Vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 can white meat tuna, packed in oil (optional) or
- 1/4 lb grilled sirloin sliced (optional)
Drain oil from tuna into a small bowl and add vinegar and Gremolade to it. Whisk together. In a large bowl add the drained tuna or steak and remaining ingredients. Toss. Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss again. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let marinate for at least one hour.
More Great Picnic and Party Foods
- Honey glazed chicken wings
- Root Vegetable Chop Salad
- Party pizza bites
- Savory and Sweet tortilla strips
Photo Credit: Julie Cecchini
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.