Everyone has a favorite baked potato salad recipe. This one is a little off the beaten path. The ingredients are closer to what might be in a French style salad, but this works with a mayonnaise based dressing. It incorporates our Dill Salt: dill weed, garlic, lemon peel and kosher salt, all great flavors for potatoes. Tomatoes, celery and chives combine to make it unique, yet reminiscent of a loaded baked potato.
- 5 baking potatoes or 10 new potatoes
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 6 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp Dill Salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup shopped chives
- 1 slices of bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
Preheat over to 400 F. Pierce the potatoes with a fork, and bake in the preheated oven for about an hour, or until tender. Remove from oven, let cool, and then chill until cold. Peel (I actually prefer to leave the peals on) and cube the potatoes, and then add to a large bowl along with celery, tomatoes, and Dill Salt. Whisk together the mayonnaise and yogurt and pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Broccoli and Tortellini Salad
- Ruttabaga and Turnip Slaw
- Parsnip Pizza
- My Mother's Potato Salad, with Radishes
Photo Credit: Julie Cecchini