I love this pizza! It is fresh and yummy, healthy and filling. Parsnips, spinach, pine nuts and cheese; you might think that is an odd combination, but I promise you it is a magnificent amalgamtion of flavor and texture. Party food can be a bit cookie cutter, bring this to the big game and you will be the talk of the town.
I have made many different versions of this pie; this one is by far my favorite;
- package pizza dough mix (prepared) or your own favorite recipe
- 1 tbsp Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Aussie Outback Rub
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup spanish machengo cheese, chopped in julienned strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced parsnips
- 2 cups spinach, torn
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare the dough as directed. Drizzle oil over rolled out dough. Sprinkle Aussie Outback Rub over the dough. Spread spinach and then parnips on the pizza. Add feta and then top with machengo. Toss pine nuts over everything. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the crust and cheese have browned to your liking.
Find our original recipe here.
Perfect possibilities for pizza:
Photo Credit: Julie Cecchini