A cool Sunday morning invited a long luxurious breakfast. A one pan meal is not only a simple solution but also perfect for family members on the go and leftovers which can be enjoyed anywhere. This recipe engaging the flavors of sweet and savory ingredients is perfect on its own or as a option for a sumptuous brunch.
- 1 package All Purpose Baking Mix (or 2 cups jiffy mix)
- 2 tbsp butter or Coconut Oil
- 1/4 + 1tbsp cup milk or Soy Cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1/2 bermuda onion, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup sultanas or golden raisins
- 1/8 cup Maple Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1/4 tsp Vindaloo
In a small mixing bowl combine sugar and egg, blending thoroughly. Stir in nuts, then spoon evenly over the coffee cake. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until nicely browned. Cool for 5 minutes, then drizzle Spice Spiked Glaze over warm coffeecake.
To Make Spice Spiked Glaze: In a small bowl whisk together the confectioners' sugar, bourbon, remaining tbsp milk and vindaloo until a drizzling consistency is reached (more bourbon or milk may be added if necessary to achieve desired consistency).