Easy to make to bring along to a tailgate party or to eat at home while watching the game. Try adding different meats or vegetables for additional flavors!
- 1 loaf unsliced round bread (about 9" diameter)/Hoagie Rolls
- 1/3 lb thinly sliced provolone or swiss cheese
- 3/4 lb thinly sliced ham or roast beef
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1/4 lb cooked homestyle or canadian bacon
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Roman lettuce
Cut bread in half horizontally; hollow out center of each half, leaving 1/4 inch shell. Mix 1 cup of Ranch dressing with a handful of crumbled bacon. Spread 1condiments or dressing mix into each shell. Into the bottom of each shell layer lettuce, cheese, ham, remaining dressing, turkey and then tomato. Top with lettuce. Replace top shell. To serve, cut into wedges.
More great ideas for tailgate picnics:
Photo Credit: Julie Cecchini